So you’ve got some stuff to clear out of the basement or the garage or attic. Do you rent a dumpster or do you call a junk removal company to handle it? Unsure? We’ve compiled a few helpful tips on what to consider when you go to hire either one.
1. Price: If you have a good bit of trash and debris to dispose of, a dumpster will almost always cost less than hiring a junk removal company to do it for you. However, you may find that if you only had a couch you needed hauled off, junk removal companies can usually do it for less can $100. The average cost for a standard 30yd dumpster is $400 in the North Atlanta area.
2. Service: Take a look at the picture featured in this blog. You need to ask yourself, “Do I really want to load the dumpster myself? Do I want to spend half my Saturday walking up and down the stairs, clearing out my basement?” If the answer is no, then maybe a junk removal service is a better fit for your needs than a dumpster.
3. Aesthetics: Dumpsters are usually the cheaper option, but most people don’t like the idea of having a dumpster in their driveway. Hiring a local junk hauling crew would alleviate the eyesore of having a dumpster on the street next to your house.
4. City Permits: This usually isn’t an issue for people living in the suburbs, but many metropolises require you to get a permit from the county or city before getting a dumpster dropped off at your property. Permits are not required for junk removal companies.
5. Convenience: A lot of times you can get stuff hauled away by a junk crew that you can’t throw in a dumpster. One example is car and truck tires. Most junk removal companies will also pick up paint cans and oil drums, whereas dumpster companies will tell you no.
I hope this blog helps. And if you have any questions regarding this blog or any other that I’ve written, my email is email@example.com. Or if you’re in the area, stop by our office at 3250 Keith Bridge Rd. Cumming, GA 30041.